Honestly, I haven’t done the math to see how much cheaper this is than Pamela’s. I buy my flours in bulk on Amazon.com using Subscribe & Save to get even better deals. Surely it has to be cheaper.
Better yet, it doesn’t have any baking soda/powder, dry buttermilk powder, salt, or anything else that an all-purpose flour blend wouldn’t have.
And the best of all: It tastes amazing. I’m not a fan of Bob’s Red Mill’s use of garbanzo bean flour, as healthy as I’m sure it is compared to all the starches in Pamela’s. But Pamela’s just tastes better. And I don’t use this flour much. So when I do, I want it to taste better. 🙂
This mix makes 12 cups. I whisk it all together in a huge bowl and store it in a big plasic (yes, I know purists only use glass) air tight container.
Fake Pamela’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Mix
- 2 1/2 cups brown rice flour
- 3 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 2 cups almond meal or almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 cups sweet rice flour
- 1 cup potato starch
- 2 TBS Xanthum or guar gum
- 1 1/3 cup cultured buttermilk (or dry/powdered milk)
- 1/3 cup baking powder
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sea salt