Benjamin (5yo) told me to “Never stop making these.”
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cup gf rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 TBS dried parsley
1.5 tsp salt
3/4 tsp sage, basil, or oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
2lb ground beef (as close to fat free as you can get)
4.5 sticks of string cheese, cut in quarters
3/4 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
4 tsp dry mustard
- In a bowl, combine eggs and milk. Stir in oats, onion, parsley, sat, oregano, and pepper. Add meat; mix well.
- With a large cookie scoop, place a scoop of the meat mixture in each muffin tin (I use a full and a half – so 18 cups – because that’s all I have). Stick 1/4 of a cheese stick in each scoop of meat. Top with another scoop of meat.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350*.
- Mix the topping ingredients.
- Suck off any grease with a glass baster. Add topping. Bake another 5-10 minutes, until the meat part (not the cheese part) reaches 160*.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.